Thursday, June 28, 2007

Japanese stuff


This is a funny (albeit a bit worrying) commercial from a Japanese social networking site mixi (invitation only). It's for some company that helps people lose weight. The translation goes:
"I want to eat, but I want to lose weight"
"I hate self control!"
Obviously she is a perfectly thin and quite a cute model...
I couldn't find it again but I also saw another commercial on the lines of:
"My boyfriend said: Ah if you just were thinner you'd be cute" - this also featured a picture of a cute (thin) Japanese model..

This is how marketers portray women in Japan? And it works too?
Wow...



This was on the blog of a Finnish researcher in Tokyo, but I'll post it here too ;)
Apparently it showed up on her postbox one morning. It's saying:

"Private Detective - Advice
Is your LOVE real?
We help you bring back happy life by revealing the truth"

AND IT'S A CUTE BEAR DETECTIVE. ON THE BACKGROUND A DADDY BEAR IS TAKING A GIRL BEAR TO A LOVE HOTEL!
Oh boy...


So let's end with a more comforting picture:
The elderly in Japan are very healthy (and live the longest in the world)
In fact they are so healthy that they take up SKATEBOARDING even if prescribed walking sticks!!

No comments: